Eastpointe, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Eastpointe, Michigan has a population of 32,442. The mayor as of 2018 is Suzanne Pixley. Her email address is email@example.com. The city can be found in Macomb County.
Eastpointe City Hall
23200 Gratiot Avenue
Eastpointe, Michigan, 48021
The crime index of Eastpointe, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 423.3. There has been 110 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 300 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Eastpointe, Michigan Police Station Information
The rate of crime in Eastpointe, MI averages 71% higher than the rest of Michigan while the rate of crime on a national scale is 43% higher than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Eastpointe, MI is 77% higher than the average rate of crime in Michigan and 111% higher than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 70% higher than the remainder of the state of Michigan and 33% higher than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Eastpointe, MI area.
Facts about crime in Eastpointe, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Eastpointe is 43% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 11.13 daily crimes that occur in Eastpointe.
- Eastpointe is safer than 8% of the cities in the United States.
- In Eastpointe you have a 1 in 25 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Eastpointe has increased by 8%.
The Department provides police patrol and emergency response to the citizens of Eastpointe on a 24-hour basis. Officers respond to citizens’ needs by responding to calls for service, investigating accidents and other crimes, arresting criminals and enforcing traffic laws by issuing moving and parking violations. The goal of the Department is to maintain the public peace and to provide our residents with a safe community to live in.
The Police Department is the largest department in the City of Eastpointe with 40 full-time budgeted sworn positions. The Department also employees three full-time clerical staff positions, one part-time clerical position, one full-time animal control officer, one part-time code enforcement officer, 10 part-time crossing guards, and eight part-time police service aides. The Police Department also utilizes 28 volunteer Reserve Officers and a volunteer police chaplain. The Director of Public Safety is appointed by the City Manager and is responsible to oversee the overall operation of the Police Department.
The Detective Bureau is charged with the detection and arrest of criminals, the investigation of criminal offenses, the location of missing persons, the recovery of stolen property and acts as the department representative in extradition proceedings. It is also responsible for the investigation of all incidents involving juveniles. The Detective Bureau shall process all petitions filed by the Department with the Juvenile Division of the Probate Court on persons under seventeen (17) years of age involved in unlawful activities. The Property Clerk works under the direction of the Detective Bureau Lieutenant and is responsible for the proper handling and record keeping of all evidence and property taken in by the Police Department.
The Patrol Division is overseen by the Deputy Police Chief. The supervisors work a 12-hour shift and they are divided into 4 units. Two units fall under the day shift and two fall under the night shift. Police Officers work an 8-hour shift. The three shifts are day shift, afternoon shift, and the midnight shift. The Police Officers are supervised by a Lieutenant and /or Sergeant, who act as the Commanding Officer o f the day during these shifts.
Traffic Safety Bureau
The Traffic Safety Officer coordinates all traffic matters. He/she reviews accident reports for follow-up investigations, prosecutions, corrections and enforcement. The Traffic Safety Officer also maintains and prepares traffic maps, charts and records for selective enforcement and performs traffic enforcement in the field as much as time will permit. The Traffic Safety Officer is also assigned juvenile cases for follow up investigation. In addition, he/she oversees the part- time crossing guards and ensures that they are scheduled for the designated crossings for schools within the city limits in the City of Eastpointe.
Eastpointe Police Department Address:
Eric Keiser, Deputy Chief
16083 E. 9 Mile Road
Eastpointe, MI 48021
Phone: (586) 445-5100
Rules & Procedures
- Inmates will be allowed two (2) visits per week with up to three (3) visitors for approximately thirty (30) minutes. Certain trusties are granted three (3) visits per week.
- All friends\family visits are conducted via video visitation (either on site or remotely). Please refer to www.icsolutions.com for details.
- On-site visiting is conducted in the Jail Annex, Sunday – Thursday, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM and 5:45 PM – 9:00 PM.
- For remote video visitation schedule, please refer visitors to the above web address.
- Visitors must register at least 24 hours prior to the visit, but no more then two weeks in advance.
- Valid picture identification (e.g., driver’s license, State I.D., or Military I.D. with picture) is required of all visitors, with the exception of children under the age of 17. Visitors under the age of 17 must be accompanied and supervised by an authorized adult visitor.
- Visitors may visit up to five (5) inmates in custody (individually).
- It is the responsibility of the prisoner to notify visitors of their program/class schedule. Programs/classes will not be interrupted for visiting.
Eastpointe, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 16083 E Nine Mile Rd
Zip Code: 48021-2383
County: Macomb County
Phone #: 586-775-0400
Fax #: 586-775-2853
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 35283
Number of Officers: 53
Police Records Request in Eastpointe, Michigan
Michigan Freedom of Information Act Request form for submittal to the Eastpointe Police Records Bureau.
A Freedom of Information Request must be filled out to obtain a copy of any reports.