Ionia, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Ionia, Michigan has a population of 11,394. The mayor as of 2018 is Daniel A. Balice. The city can be found in Ionia County.
Daniel A. Balice
114 North Kidd Street Map
Ionia, Michigan 48846
The crime index of Ionia, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 242.4. There has been 79 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 145 to 1.
Ionia, Michigan Police Station Information
A general overview of all the annual reported crimes in Ionia, MI is displayed. The data has been arranged to make it easier to find both the gross total of reported crimes and the number of crimes reported per 100,000 people in Ionia, MI. These statistics are further divided into two distinct categories (violent crimes and property crimes) to provide more insight to how prevalent crime is in the area. You’ll find that the rate of crime in Ionia, MI averages 24% lower than the rest of Michigan while the rate of crime on a national scale is 38% lower than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Ionia, MI is 33% lower than the average rate of crime in Michigan and 21% lower than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 22% lower than the remainder of the state of Michigan and 41% lower than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Ionia, MI area.
Facts about crime in Ionia, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Ionia is 38% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 4.66 daily crimes that occur in Ionia.
- Ionia is safer than 43% of the cities in the United States.
- In Ionia you have a 1 in 59 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Ionia has decreased by 4%.
Public Safety is the combination of police protection and fire protection. All Ionia Public Safety officers have received police training, fire training, and medical first responder training.
The agency’s jurisdiction is limited to the corporate city limits for police matters, with the exception of covering Ionia Township for 20 hours per week. The jurisdiction for fire service expands to two surrounding townships (Easton and Ionia). The City of Ionia has provided fire service to the two townships through formal contracts since the 1940s.
Ionia Police Department Address:
Troy Thomas, Director of Ionia Public Safety
239 E Adams Street
Ionia, Michigan 48846
Non-emergencies: phone (616) 527-0400
- The cost of offsite visitation sessions will vary by facility. If you are planning on visiting from your home or office, you will need sufficient funds in your ICSolutions account prior to scheduling a charged video visitation session.
- To fund your ICSolutions account:
- Login to your existing account at www.icsolutions.com.
- Under the Prepaid Collect Accounts section, click Add Account, select your agency and enter your phone number to fund your account. Click Save.
- To add funds, click Fund.
- Next, select the payment method, then click Add Payment Amount.
- Enter Payment Amount, click Calculate Total then click Add a Payment Card. From there you will finalize your payment.
- Go to www.icssolutions.com from any internet enabled device to login to your existing ICSolutions account or create a new account.
- Log into your ICSolutions account and under Upcoming Visits click Schedule New Visit.
- Enter facility name.
- Read the rules and click Agree to continue.
- Enter inmate name or ID number.
- Select the location if you will be visiting onsite or offsite.
- Off Site visits will charge your ICSolutions account for the cost of the off site visit at the time the visit is scheduled.
- Select the date for your video visitation session from the list of available days.
- Select a time for your video visitation session from the available time slots.
- Click Add if any additional visitors will be joining your visit and enter their name and date of birth then click Done. (After the visitation session has been confirmed, adding or removing additional visitors will require you to cancel and reschedule a new visitation session)
- Confirm all the information is correct then click Confirm to accept or click Edit to make any changes.
- Once confirmed, click Done to exit.
Ionia, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 239 E Adams
Zip Code: 48846-1738
County: Ionia County
Phone #: 616-527-4431
Fax #: 616-527-5717
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 6800
Number of Officers: 17
Police Records Request in Ionia, Michigan
Reports taken by the Ionia Department of Public Safety are available under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). There are some exceptions that make reports not available.
To make a FOIA records request online, use their form Request for Examination or Copy of Public Records. After filling out the form, click on Submit and the form will send directly to the Public Safety Department. A copy of the form data will also be sent to the requestor by email.
There could be a fee involved with obtaining reports and this is dependent upon the number of reports requested or the amount of pages and photographs included with the report. Upon completion of the FOIA request, you will be notified if the report is available and if so, the fee amount. The reports will then be available to be picked up at the front desk of the department between 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is helpful if you know the specific date to assist in processing the request.
Request for Examination or Copy of Public Records: