Muskegon Heights, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Muskegon Heights, Michigan has a population of 10,856. The mayor as of 2018 is Kimberley Sims. Her email address is Mayor@cityofmuskegonheights.org. The city can be found in Muskegon County.
Muskegon Heights City Hall
2724 Peck Street
Muskegon Heights, Michigan 49444
The crime index of Muskegon Heights, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 836.4. There has been 113 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 96 to 1.
Muskegon Heights, Michigan Police Station Information
A general overview of all the annual reported crimes in Muskegon Heights, MI is displayed. The data has been arranged to make it easier to find both the gross total of reported crimes and the number of crimes reported per 100,000 people in Muskegon Heights, MI. These statistics are further divided into two distinct categories (violent crimes and property crimes) to provide more insight to how prevalent crime is in the area. You’ll find that the rate of crime in Muskegon Heights, MI averages 247% higher than the rest of Michigan while the rate of crime on a national scale is 185% higher than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Muskegon Heights, MI is 302% higher than the average rate of crime in Michigan and 372% higher than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 234% higher than the remainder of the state of Michigan and 154% higher than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Muskegon Heights, MI area.
Facts about crime in Muskegon Heights, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Muskegon Heights is 185% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 21.41 daily crimes that occur in Muskegon Heights.
- Muskegon Heights is safer than 1% of the cities in the United States.
- In Muskegon Heights you have a 1 in 13 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Muskegon Heights has increased by 4%.
The mission of the Muskegon Heights Police Department is to maintain order, preserve public safety, and foster a better quality of life. It is the intent of each employee to make the City a better place to live, work, and visit. To accomplish “our mission”, they must:
As A Law Enforcement Agency:
- Acknowledge the citizens as the source of police authority.
- Administer the law without bias.
- Recognize the dignity and worth of all people.
- Encourage cooperation and support at the neighborhood level, as well as the greater community.
- Provide services in a sensitive, yet effective, manner.
- Seek to gain “respect” of all people.
This mission statement is born out of the “Departmental Professionalism-Policy & Procedure”, that being a four-tier system:
As The Employer:
- Provide a work environment which stresses teamwork, recognizes the value of diversity and encourages professional development.
- Employ progressive management techniques emphasizing ethical behavior “leadership by example”, respect for all employees and a standard of excellence.
Muskegon Heights Police Department Address:
Dr. Joseph E. Thomas, Jr, Chief of Police
Muskegon Heights City Hall
2715 Baker Street
Muskegon Heights, MI 49444
Non Emergency: 231-733-8900
Muskegon County Jail opened in 2015 is a 542 bed facility operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week with 4 Shift supervisors (Sergeants) and 48 corrections officers working rotating shifts.
The jail has its own Medical offices, laundry and a kitchen that produces over 200,000 meals a year.
Muskegon Heights, Michigan Jail: