Richmond, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Richmond, Michigan has a population of 5,735. The mayor as of 2018 is Timothy Rix. His phone number is 586-727-7571 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The city can be found in Macomb and St. Clair County.
Richmond City Hall
36725 Division Road
Richmond, MI 48062
The crime index of Richmond, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 147.7. There has been 16 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 369 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Richmond, Michigan Police Station Information
A comprehensive overview of any and all yearly reported crimes in Richmond, MI is shown in the table. In order to provide more clarity, the total number of crimes is shown as well as the amount of crimes committed per 100,000 people. The crimes indicated in the table are separated into two different categories. These categories are property crimes and violent crimes. According to the table, the overall crime rate is 40% lower than the average of crimes committed in Michigan. It is also 51% lower than the national average. When it comes to violent crimes, Richmond, MI shows a crime rate that is 28% lower than the Michigan average. The crime rate is also 16% lower than the national average. When it comes to property crimes, Richmond, MI is shown to be 43% lower than the Michigan average and 57% lower than the national average.
Facts about crime in Richmond, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Richmond is 51% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 3.67 daily crimes that occur in Richmond.
- Richmond is safer than 49% of the cities in the United States.
- In Richmond you have a 1 in 75 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Richmond has decreased by 26%.
The Richmond Police Department currently employs 55 personnel:
- Seven Full Time Officers
- Seven part-time police officers
- Two full-time dispatchers
- Seven part-time dispatchers
- Twenty-two reserve officers
- Eight crossing guards
- 911 Emergency Center
- Accident Investigations
- Burning Permits
- Crime Prevention Seminars
- Evidence Techs
- Gun Registrations
- House Vacation Watches
- Investigations Unit
- Juvenile and School Liaison Officer
- Patrol Division
911 Communications Center
The Richmond Police Department staffs your 911 Emergency Communications Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week dispatching the Police Department, Fire Department, and EMS, as well as the Department of Public Works (DPW), and handles hundreds of calls requesting information, reporting emergencies, and seeking answers to general questions.
The Patrol Division is enhanced with the support of their Reserve Unit that assists their officers with patrol duty, special events, and details requiring increased staffing. The reserve component of the Richmond Police Department is a force multiplier at minimal cost to the residents.
Richmond Police Department Address:
David A. Teske, Chief of Police
36725 Division Road
Richmond, MI 48062
- Inmates will be allowed two (2) visits per week with up to three (3) visitors for approximately thirty (30) minutes. Certain trusties are granted three (3) visits per week.
- All friends\family visits are conducted via video visitation (either on site or remotely). Please refer to www.icsolutions.com for details.
- On-site visiting is conducted in the Jail Annex, Sunday – Thursday, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM and 5:45 PM – 9:00 PM.
- For remote video visitation schedule, please refer visitors to the above web address.
- Visitors must register at least 24 hours prior to the visit, but no more then two weeks in advance.
- Valid picture identification (e.g., driver’s license, State I.D., or Military I.D. with picture) is required of all visitors, with the exception of children under the age of 17. Visitors under the age of 17 must be accompanied and supervised by an authorized adult visitor.
- Visitors may visit up to five (5) inmates in custody (individually).
- It is the responsibility of the prisoner to notify visitors of their program/class schedule. Programs/classes will not be interrupted for visiting.
Richmond, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 36725 Division Rd
Zip Code: 48062-1543
County: Macomb County
Phone #: 586-727-7545
Fax #: 586-727-6262
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 4500
Number of Officers: 15
Police Records Request in Richmond, Michigan
Any person may ask to inspect, copy, or receive a copy of a public records. There are no qualifications such as residency or age that must be met in order to make a request. In general, all records, except those specifically cited as exceptions, are covered by the Freedom of Information Act.
The act applies to any handwriting, typewriting, printing, photostatting, photographing, photocopying, and every other means of recording. The city must respond to a request for a public record within five business days. The city can notify the requester in writing and extend the time limit by 10 days.
A government agency can charge a fee, but it must be limited to actual duplication, mailing, and clerical labor costs.