Riverview, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Riverview, Michigan has a population of 12,486. The mayor as of 2018 is Andrew Swift. The city can be found in Wayne County.
14100 Civic Park Drive
Riverview, Michigan 48193-7600
The crime index of Riverview, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 156.7. There has been 12 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 1,007 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Riverview, Michigan Police Station Information
A general overview of all the annual reported crimes in Riverview, MI is displayed. The data has been arranged to make it easier to find both the gross total of reported crimes and the number of crimes reported per 100,000 people in Riverview, MI. These statistics are further divided into two distinct categories (violent crimes and property crimes) to provide more insight to how prevalent crime is in the area. You’ll find that the rate of crime in Riverview, MI averages 34% lower than the rest of Michigan while the rate of crime on a national scale is 46% lower than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Riverview, MI is 46% lower than the average rate of crime in Michigan and 37% lower than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 31% lower than the remainder of the state of Michigan and 47% lower than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Riverview, MI area.
Facts about crime in Riverview, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Riverview is 46% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 4.07 daily crimes that occur in Riverview.
- Riverview is safer than 46% of the cities in the United States.
- In Riverview you have a 1 in 68 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Riverview has increased by 12%.
The Police Department employs 22 certified sworn officers who provide law enforcement services for the City of Riverview 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Police Department also employs an Animal Control Officer, and two civilian clerical employees help with our day to day operation.
The Director of Public Safety administers both the Police and Fire Departments and oversees their daily operations. The Police Department is comprised of two divisions:
- Patrol Division
- Detective Bureau
Riverview Police Department Address:
Cliff Rosebohm, Chief of Police and Fire
14100 Civic Park Drive
Riverview, Michigan 48193-7600
Phone: (734) 281-4222
Fax: (734) 281-4213
Jail I (Andrew C. Baird)
The Andrew C. Baird Detention Facility, Jail Division I (570 Clinton Street) houses male and female, pretrial and sentenced, inmates who are clinically assessed as needing residential (daily) mental health services, in addition to psychotropic medications. Also, male and female, pretrial and sentenced, inmates who are medically assessed as requiring daily and on-going medical services are housed in an infirmary. Law library and recreation services are provided to all special needs and general population inmates. Video arraignments of inmates are conducted daily with the 36th District Court for the city of Detroit. Wayne County Probate Court hearings for inmates who are mental health consumers are conducted via video conferencing. Inmates who are classified as requiring exceptionally close monitoring and segregation from the general population are housed in Jail Division I. Inmates who are classified as medium and low risk and eligible for general population housing are double bunked.
Jail II (Old)
The Division II Jail (Established Jail) opened in 1929 and in 1996 four dormitories were converted to housing units with eight beds each. This increased the capacity to 770 beds. This is a linear supervision type jail.
Jail III (William Dickerson Detention Facility)
The Division III Jail (William Dickerson Detention Facility) opened in November 1991 and currently has a capacity of 896 beds. This jail is a direct supervision type facility.
Juvenile Detention Facility
The Juvenile Detention Facility is a secure placement, which helps bridge a youth’s movement from the Juvenile Court System to the Wayne County Juvenile Justice System. The Juvenile Detention Facility has 194 beds and houses about 160 juveniles daily. The Juvenile Detention Facility will accept youths for admissions over the age of eight years and up to the age of 20 years for charges occurring prior to their 17th birthday, and where the Family Division of the Third Judicial Circuit Court Family holds jurisdiction.
Search Jail Inmates
Search for Individuals Incarcerated in the jail and/or on tether release. Tether participants are identified as being in Facility 6.
Riverview, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 14100 Civic Park Dr
Zip Code: 48192-7600
County: Wayne County
Phone #: 734-281-4210
Fax #: 734-281-4213
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 15000
Number of Officers: 27
Police Records Request in Riverview, Michigan
In accordance with Public Act 563 of 2014 amending the Michigan Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the following is the Written Public Summary of the City’s FOIA Procedures and Guidelines relevant to the general public.
To submit FOIA request to the City of Riverview:
- Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records prepared, owned, used, possessed or retained by the City of Riverview must be submitted in writing.
- A request must sufficiently describe a public record so as to enable the City to find it.
- No specific form to submit a written request is required. However, a FOIA request form for your use and convenience is available on the City’s website at the links located at the top of this page.
- Written requests for non-Public Safety records can be made by delivery to the City Clerk’s Office in person or by mail at 14100 Civic Park Drive, Riverview, MI 48193.
- Written requests for Public Safety records can be made by delivery to the Police Department in person or by mail at 14100 Civic Park Drive, Riverview, MI 48193.
- Requests can also be made by facsimile at 734-281-4228 for non-Public Safety records and 734-281-4213 for Public Safety records.
- A request may also be submitted by email. To ensure a prompt response, e-mail requests should contain the term “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the subject line and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for non-Public Safety records and email@example.com for Public Safety records.