Search for Police Arrests in Sault Ste. Marie City, Michigan. Results may include: Inmate ID: Gender: Jail Location: Birth Date, Booked: Charges, Bond Amount, Bond Type, Charges, Court, Mugshot.
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan has a population of 14,144. The mayor as of 2018 is Anthony Bosbous. His phone number is (906) 632-8212 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The city can be found in Chippewa County.
300 Golf Court
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Phone: (906) 632-8212
The crime index of Sault Ste. Marie, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 287.2.
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan Police Station Information
The table illustrates an overview of the annual crime reported in Sault Ste. Marie, MI. These figures on reported criminal activity in Sault Ste. Marie, MI, based on a reported crime per 100,000 citizens, is shown in order to compare these rates across disparate categories. You will notice that the crimes collected here, for comparison purposes, have been separated between violent crimes and those involving or threatening property. According to the annual crime data, the crime rate in Sault Ste. Marie, MI is 4% lower than the average of the whole of the state of Michigan, and when compared with the national average, is 21% lower than. When looking at violent crimes, Sault Ste. Marie, MI has 23% lower than violent crime rate than Michigan average, while remaining 10% lower than the national average. In property crime, Sault Ste. Marie, MI is 1% higher than the average of Michigan and is 23% lower than the national average.
Facts about crime in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Sault Ste. Marie is 21% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 5.91 daily crimes that occur in Sault Ste. Marie.
- Sault Ste. Marie is safer than 32% of the cities in the United States.
- In Sault Ste. Marie you have a 1 in 47 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Sault Ste. Marie has increased by 51%.
The Police Department performs the following tasks:
- Delivery of Police Services 24 hours/day, 7 days/wk
- Investigation of and prevention of crime
- Parking enforcement/records (632-5746)
- Police Auxiliary Services
- Detective Bureau
- Animal Control Division (Complaints 632-3344) (General Information 632-1993 Ext 422)
- The Police Department provides crime prevention material and programs. Call 632-5744, 9 AM-5PM Monday-Friday
Sault Ste. Marie Police Department Address:
John Riley, Chief of Police
401 Hursley Street
Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
Dispatch: (906) 632-3344
Records Office: 632-5744
Detective Bureau: 632-5750
The Chippewa County Correctional Facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Staff personnel include the Jail Administrator, Assistant Jail Administrator, two Corporals, 13 full-time Corrections Officers, 12 part-time Corrections Officers, 2 Community Service Supervisors, 3 Cooks and a facility Physician.
Offenders lodged at the correctional facility are processed in through the Booking Office. Questions concerning bail and court appearance for arraignment can be answered by the booking officer. Bonds posted must be in cash or through bail bondsman. Checks and foreign currency will not be accepted.
- All visitors are required to sign in. Visitors must be at least 17 years of age and present a valid form of identification.
- All visits are non-contact. Inmate/detainees are allowed three (3) visitors weekly. Visits will not exceed twenty (20) minutes duration and be limited to (1) one visitor per visit unless otherwise approved by security staff.
- Visitors will be denied access to visitation if the visitor has the aroma of alcohol, displays behavior that may suggest the visitor is under the influence of a controlled substance, uses abusive language, is assaultive, and/or exhibits any type of behavior that could adversely affect the safety and security of the facility.
- Cameras, cell phones, video and audio recorders are restricted items. All cell phones will be secured by the visitor and out of site.
- Personal property will not be accepted with the exception of American currency, money orders, and/or necessary medical items (e.g. glasses, prescribed medications, etc.).
- Food and/or drink items are not permitted.
- Revealing and/or provocative clothing is not permitted.
- Any visitor observed violating any of the above requirements will have their visit immediately termin
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 325 Court St
City: Sault Ste Marie
Zip Code: 49783-2181
County: Chippewa County
Phone #: 906-632-5744
Fax #: 906-632-6618
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 15000
Number of Officers: 26