St. Clair Shores, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of St. Clair Shores, Michigan has a population of 59,715. The mayor as of 2018 is Kip C. Walby. His phone number is 586-335-8818 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The city can be found in Macomb County.
Kip C. Walby
The City of St. Clair Shores
27600 Jefferson Avenue
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
The crime index of St. Clair Shores, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 134.
St. Clair Shores, Michigan Police Station Information
The overall crime rate is 35% lower than the average of crimes committed in Michigan. It is also 46% lower than the national average. When it comes to violent crimes, St. Clair Shores, MI shows a crime rate that is 58% lower than the Michigan average. The crime rate is also 50% lower than the national average. When it comes to property crimes, St. Clair Shores, MI is shown to be 29% lower than the Michigan average and 45% lower than the national average.
Facts about crime in St. Clair Shores, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in St. Clair Shores is 46% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 4.22 daily crimes that occur in St. Clair Shores.
- St. Clair Shores is safer than 61% of the cities in the United States.
- In St. Clair Shores you have a 1 in 65 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in St. Clair Shores has increased by 5%.
The St. Clair Shores Police Department has an authorized strength of 84 sworn officers and 6 civilian employees.
These personnel are organized into seven bureaus within the Department. Each of the bureaus have functions and responsibilities that relate specifically to their training and expertise. Following links offer a description of each of the bureaus and their duties.
Criminal Investigation Division
The Criminal Investigation Division is responsible for follow-up and prosecution of criminal complaints. The bureau consists of one Lieutenant, two Sergeants, five Detectives, a Community Resource Officer, and a secretary.
The Juvenile Bureau is a specialized unit within the Detective Bureau that works with those under the age of 17. Michigan law considers anyone under the age of 17 to be considered a juvenile and criminal violations are handled separately from adults. The Juvenile Bureau consists of three officers, each of which has been trained in the procedures and laws pertaining to juveniles and Juvenile Court. Each of the officers is assigned to one of the school systems within the city and handles the incidents involving those students.
Unfortunately, we live in a society where drug problems invade all aspects of society. To counter these threats, the St. Clair Shores Police Department has a bureau that specializes in the detection and apprehension of those that are involved in the distribution and use of illegal drugs. This bureau works closely with other agencies, local, county, state and federal, that are also involved in the fight against those that provide and use illegal drugs.
The Patrol Division is the largest Division and considered to be the backbone of the department. Patrol consists of three Lieutenants, six Sergeants and 43 Patrol Officers. They are scheduled on three shifts to provide 24 hour coverage.
Special Investigation Bureau
The Special Investigation Bureau handles investigations involving all liquor licenses in our city. These include background investigations of all persons that have or are applying for a state liquor license and premise checks to assure that state and local liquor laws are being observed.
The Traffic Bureau is responsible for all matters involving vehicles on the streets and highways within the city. This includes vehicle crashes and vehicle law enforcement. The bureau consists of one Lieutenant, five officers and 18 school crossing guards.
St. Clair Shores Police Department Address:
Todd Woodcox, Chief of Police
27665 Jefferson Avenue
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
Rules & Procedures
- Inmates will be allowed two (2) visits per week with up to three (3) visitors for approximately thirty (30) minutes. Certain trusties are granted three (3) visits per week.
- All friends\family visits are conducted via video visitation (either on site or remotely). Please refer to www.icsolutions.com for details.
- On-site visiting is conducted in the Jail Annex, Sunday – Thursday, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM and 5:45 PM – 9:00 PM.
- For remote video visitation schedule, please refer visitors to the above web address.
- Visitors must register at least 24 hours prior to the visit, but no more then two weeks in advance.
- Valid picture identification (e.g., driver’s license, State I.D., or Military I.D. with picture) is required of all visitors, with the exception of children under the age of 17. Visitors under the age of 17 must be accompanied and supervised by an authorized adult visitor.
- Visitors may visit up to five (5) inmates in custody (individually).
- It is the responsibility of the prisoner to notify visitors of their program/class schedule. Programs/classes will not be interrupted for visiting.
St. Clair Shores, Michigan Police Station:
St. Clair Shores, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 27665 Jefferson St
City: St Clair Shores
Zip Code: 48081-2053
County: Macomb County
Phone #: 586-445-5320
Fax #: 586-776-6787
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 73953
Number of Officers: 89
Police Records Request in St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Copies of Reports
Copies of police incident reports and traffic accident reports are available in OSS. They are usually available the first business day that Operational Support Services is open after the incident. The charge for all reports is $6.00 per report for the first 3 pages and $1.00 for each additional page.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) – request for documents
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is the Federal law that provides access to public records, except for those protected from disclosure under the Act. To request records, you must put your request in writing and submit to the FOIA Coordinator. The FOIA Coordinator is the City Clerk, 27600 Jefferson Circle Drive, St. Clair Shores, MI 48081.
For Freedom of Information requests for Police Records your request must be submitted to the Police FOIA Coordinator Designee at St. Clair Shores Police Department, 27665 Jefferson, St. Clair Shores MI 48081 (586) 445-5315.