St. Joseph, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of St. Joseph, Michigan has a population of 8,365. The mayor as of 2018 is Michael C. Garey. His phone number is (269) 983-0454 and his email address is email@example.com. The city can be found in Berrien County.
Michael C. Garey
700 Broad St.
St. Joseph, MI 49085
Phone: (269) 983-0454
The crime index of St. Joseph, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 131.1.
St. Joseph, Michigan Police Station Information
When reviewing the table, you see a comprehensive overview of all annual crimes reported in St. Joseph, MI. All reported St. Joseph, MI crimes are shown and for assessment, each particular crime is demonstrated, establishing an accurate total that represents any crimes committed for every 100,000 residents. You’ll also notice that the crimes are distributed into two separate categories, being; violent crimes and property crimes. In addition, the table also demonstrates that the St. Joseph, MI overall crime rate is 30% lower than in comparison to the Michigan average; and is also 43% lower than compared to the national average. Specifically regarding violent crimes in St. Joseph, MI, the rate is 54% lower than compared to the Michigan average, and 46% lower than when paralleled to the national average. When comparing property crime, St. Joseph, MI comes in at 24% lower than to the average seen in Michigan, and 42% lower than the overall national average.
Facts about crime in St. Joseph, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in St. Joseph is 43% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 4.3 daily crimes that occur in St. Joseph.
- St. Joseph is safer than 55% of the cities in the United States.
- In St. Joseph you have a 1 in 64 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in St. Joseph has decreased by 37%.
The St. Joseph Public Safety Department is dedicated to serving the St. Joseph community with the most professional approach to law enforcement and firefighting available.
The St. Joseph Public Safety Department is made up of a combination of 20 Public Safety Officers trained in law enforcement and firefighting, 6 full-time firefighters, and police and fire reserve officers.
They will strive to work with the citizenry toward the accomplishment of organizational and community objectives by providing those services which will continue to make St. Joseph progressive, safer and second to none.
St. Joseph Police Department Address:
Steve Neubecker, Interim Director of Public Safety
700 Broad St,
St Joseph, MI 49085
Police Dispatch: 926-2538 (24 hours)
Records: 983-2573 (8 am – 5 pm, Monday thru Friday)
Records Fax: 983-7755 (24 hours)
Administration: 985-0300 (24 hours)
Administration Fax: 985-0348 (24 hours)
The goal of the Berrien County Jail Facility Staff is to provide a safe and secure environment for staff and inmates. The Berrien county Jail has a zero tolerance standard for the incidence of inmate rape and sexual related offenses and attempts thereof. We will make the prevention of rape a top priority. We will strictly enforce all federal, state and local laws regarding inmate and or staff sexual misconduct, threats of sexual assault or intimidation. You can help by reporting to any staff members comments or actions that you hear or see that suggest a person has or will be subjected to sexual violations; or presenting a threat to harm themselves or others.
St. Joseph, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 3000 Washington Ave
City: St Joseph
Zip Code: 49085-3414
County: Berrien County
Phone #: 269-429-6890
Fax #: 269-429-7303
Type: Police Departments
Police Records Request in St. Joseph, Michigan
Consistent with Public Act 563 of 2014 amending the Michigan Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the following is the City of St. Joseph’s Written Public Summary of its FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
To submit a FOIA request to the City of St. Joseph:
- Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records prepared, owned, used, possessed or retained by the City of St. Joseph must be submitted in writing.
- A request must sufficiently describe a public record so as to enable the City to find it.
- No specific form to submit a written request is required. However a FOIA Request form for your use and convenience is available on the City’s website at www.sjcity.com
- Written requests can be made in person by delivery to any City office in person or by mail.
- Requests can also be made by facsimile to 269-985-0346 for non-Public Safety records and 269-985-0348 for Public Safety records.
- A request may also be submitted by email. To ensure a prompt response, e-mail requests should contain the term “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the subject line and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for non-Public Safety records and email@example.com for Public Safety records.
FOIA Request Form- Public Safety :