Search for Police Arrests in Corinth City, Mississippi. Results may include: Booking #: Age: Mugshot, Gender: Race: Arresting Agency: Booking Date: Charges: Bond:
Corinth, Mississippi Information
The City of Corinth, Mississippi has a population of 14,573. The mayor as of 2018 is Tommy Irwin. The city can be found in Alcorn County.
300 Childs Street
Corinth, MS 38834
The crime index of Corinth, as reported by a 2006 statistic, was 509.1. There has been 71 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 209 to 1.
Corinth, Mississippi Police Station Information
Facts about crime in Corinth, Mississippi:
- The overall crime rate in Corinth is 16% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 8.7 daily crimes that occur in Corinth.
- Corinth is safer than 35% of the cities in the United States.
- In Corinth you have a 1 in 32 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Corinth has decreased by 3%.
The mission of the Corinth Police Department is to work in a true partnership with their fellow citizens of Corinth to enhance the quality of life in their city.
They believe that people are the strength of the community, both the citizens that they serve and members of the Corinth Police Department. If they value people both within their workplace and in the community, treat them with respect, honest, and impartiality, their job will be well served.
They the members of the Corinth Police Department will work together for a quality community by providing leadership through commitment, integrity, excellence, trust, and mutual respect.
Corinth Police Department Address:
Ralph Dance, Chief of Police
2837 S Harper Rd
Corinth, Mississippi 38834
Address 1: 300 Childs St
Zip Code: 38834-4709
County: Alcorn County
Phone #: 662-286-3377
Fax #: 662-286-1303
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 12540
Number of Officers: 39
County Sheriff, Warrant, Most Wanted Information in Corinth, Mississippi
Ben Caldwell, Sheriff
Corinth, Ms. 38834
Duties and Responsibilities
The Office of Sheriff is a four year term filled through an at-large election process. Duties of the Sheriff involve two primary areas; law enforcement of the county and administrative. The law enforcement duties are to keep the peace in Alcorn County while administrative duties consist primarily of serving as the county jailor. Duties of Sheriff are outlined in Section 19-25 of Mississippi Law and include but are not limited to the following:
- Appointment of one or more deputies
- Authorized to obtain additional guards for the jail
- Keep charge of the Alcorn County Courthouse
- Responsible for the jail and protection of prisoners
- Responsible for the Sheriff Department budget submitted to the Board of Supervisors
- Responsible for filing a list of all department expenses to the Board of Supervisors
- Maintains a jail docket, documenting each warrant and the reason any person is placed in jail, the nature of the writ or warrant and by whom issued, the date and time of the arrest and issuance of writ or warrant, the crime committed, and by what authority