Search for Police Arrests in McComb City, Mississippi. Results may include: Booking #: Age: Mugshot, Gender: Race: Arresting Agency: Booking Date: Charges: Bond:
McComb, Mississippi Information
The City of McComb, Mississippi has a population of 12,790. The mayor as of 2018 is Quordiniah Lockley. His phone number is 601 684-4000 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The city can be found in Pike County.
115 Third Street
McComb, MS 39648
Phone: 601 684-4000
The crime index of McComb, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 434.2. There has been 40 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 318 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
McComb, Mississippi Police Station Information
The table offers a complete overview of all reported annual crimes in McComb, MS. The total number of reported crimes in McComb, MS is shown and for comparison purposes, each crime is also displayed based on the number of crimes per 100,000 people. The crimes are also broken down into two categories; violent crimes and property crimes. The table shows that the overall McComb, MS crime rate is 142% higher than the Mississippi average and is 167% higher than the national average. Looking at violent crime specifically, McComb, MS has a violent crime rate that is 187% higher than the Mississippi average and 114% higher than the national average. For property crime, McComb, MS is 138% higher than the Mississippi average and 175% higher than the national average.
Facts about crime in McComb, Mississippi:
- The overall crime rate in McComb is 167% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 20.06 daily crimes that occur in McComb.
- McComb is safer than 12% of the cities in the United States.
- In McComb you have a 1 in 14 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in McComb has increased by 119%.
“The mission of the McComb Police Department is to improve the quality of life in the City of McComb City. This goal will only be accomplished through the cooperative efforts of the Police Department and the Community. By working together we can maintain the peace, provide safety and security for our citizens and reduce the fear of crime.”
- Performs police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement activities.
- Protection of life, property, and individual rights.
- Prevention and suppression of criminal activity and disturbances.
- Recovery and return of stolen and lost property.
- Apprehension and assistance in the prosecution of offenders.
- Prevention of accidents and the regulation of traffic.
- Preservation of the peace.
- Other service to the public as requested or necessary.
Performs technical law enforcement work as a non-uniformed police officer in the investigation of crime and the detection and prevention of violations of law. Officer or criminal investigator responsibilities of the follow-up investigation include:
Identifying and apprehending offenders;
- Collecting, documenting, and preserving physical evidence, arranging for the analysis and evaluation of the evidence, and reviewing the laboratory analysis of that evidence;
- Recovering stolen property;
- Conducting additional interviews of victims and witnesses as required;
- Interviewing and Interrogating suspects as required;
- Obtaining additional information from law enforcement officers and informants;
- Reviewing department records and coordinating with adjoining agencies regarding other similar offenses to determine if other crimes may have been committed by the suspects;
- Reviewing all information contained in the case file (preliminary investigation and earlier follow-up reports) concerning this offense;
- Recording information obtained and preparing supplementary reports as required;
- Distributing information, as appropriate;
- Planning, organizing, and conducting searches, if necessary;
- Arranging for polygraph examinations;
- Preparing a case file folder;
- Checking the suspect’s local police record and criminal histories; &
- Preparing the application for warrants.
Warrant\Court and Subpoena Service
The division shall serve warrants and other legal papers and execute the required returns in all cases where a division member is or may be assigned, also is the court bailiff during hours of court.
McComb Police Department Address:
Damian Gatlin, Chief of Police
501 Beech Street
McComb, Ms 39648
McComb, Mississippi Police Station:
McComb, Mississippi Jail:
County Sheriff, Warrant, Most Wanted Information in McComb, Mississippi
2019 Jessie Hall Memorial Road
Magnolia, MS 39652
Meet The Sheriff
As your Chief Law Enforcement Officer, Sheriff Kenny Cotton is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and reviewing the daily activities and operations of the Sheriff’s Office, including protecting life and property, preserving public peace, enforcing state laws and Pike County ordinances, coordinating emergency services, preventing crime, apprehending criminals and supervising the care of incarcerated prisoners. The Pike County Sheriff’s Office also coordinates assigned activities with other county departments and outside agencies, as well, and provide support to Pike County Board of Supervisors.
The mission of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office is committed to enforce the public safety laws to provide peace and protection to the lives and property of all its citizens we serve through community partnerships, crime prevention, innovative technology and professional staff; to maintain effective supervision, reasonable care and support for all inmates during incarceration; to respect and value the human rights and moral values of all communities in a fair and responsible manner.
The vision of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to achieve the highest in ethical standards for a safe environment with consistent visibility and expeditious service to improve the quality of life and become a leader in law enforcement through accountability, integrity and reliability.