Search for Police Arrests in Oxford City, Mississippi. Results may include: Booking #: Age: Mugshot, Gender: Race: Arresting Agency: Booking Date: Charges: Bond:
Oxford, Mississippi Information
The City of Oxford, Mississippi has a population of 18,916. The mayor as of 2018 is Robyn Tannehill. His phone number is 662-232-2340 and his email address is email@example.com. The city can be found in Lafayette County.
107 Courthouse Square
Oxford, Mississippi 38655
The crime index of Oxford, as reported by a 2008 statistic, was 198. There has been 91 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 238 to 1.
Oxford, Mississippi Police Station Information
You’ll find that the rate of crime in Oxford, MS averages 4% lower than the rest of Mississippi while the rate of crime on a national scale is 6% higher than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Oxford, MS is 48% lower than the average rate of crime in Mississippi and 61% lower than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 1% higher than the remainder of the state of Mississippi and 17% higher than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Oxford, MS area.
Facts about crime in Oxford, Mississippi:
- The overall crime rate in Oxford is 6% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 7.97 daily crimes that occur in Oxford.
- Oxford is safer than 45% of the cities in the United States.
- In Oxford you have a 1 in 35 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Oxford has increased by 30%.
The Oxford Police Department is housed 715 Molly Barr Road. The department has more than 70 full-time officers and staff and provides a wide range of protection and enforcement services.
The Police Department has a community-oriented policing philosophy and provides around-the-clock patrols. Other services include crime prevention programs, such as Neighborhood Watch and D.A.R.E., as well as specialized units including Mounted Patrol, K-9 Unit, DUI Enforcement and the City Dispatch.
Oxford Police Department Address:
Joey East, Chief of Police
715 Molly Barr Road
Oxford, MS 38655
Complaints, General Information: 662-232-2400
Address 1: 715 Molly Barr Rd
Zip Code: 38655-2199
County: Lafayette County
Phone #: 662-232-2400
Fax #: 662-232-2314
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 12000
Number of Officers: 50
County Sheriff, Warrant, Most Wanted Information in Oxford, Mississippi
F. D. “Buddy” East, Sheriff
711 Jackson Avenue,
Oxford, MS 38655
The Office of Sheriff is a four year term filled through an at-large election process. Duties of the Sheriff involve two primary areas; law enforcement of the county and administrative. The law enforcement duties are to keep the peace in Lafayette County while administrative duties consist primarily of serving as the county jailor. Due to the growth of Lafayette County, the Sheriff Department now employs 26 deputies working four 12 hour shifts. Duties of Sheriff are outlined in Section 19-25 of Mississippi Law and include but are not limited to the following:
- Appointment of one or more deputies
- Authorized to obtain additional guards for the jail
- Keep charge of the Lafayette County Courthouse
- Responsible for the jail and protection of prisoners
- Responsible for the Sheriff Department budget submitted to the Board of Supervisors
- Responsible for filing a list of all department expenses to the Board of Supervisors
- Shall attend all sessions of the circuit and chancery courts
- Serves as the county librarian, maintaining census reports, statutes of the state, maps, charts, and other donations to the county
- Maintains a jail docket, documenting each warrant and the reason any person is placed in jail, the nature of the writ or warrant and by whom issued, the date and time of the arrest and issuance of writ or warrant, the crime committed, and by what authority