Coshocton, Ohio Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Coshocton, Ohio has a population of 11,216. The mayor as of 2018 is Steve Mercer. His phone number is 740-622-1465. The city can be found in Coshocton County.
760 Chestnut St.
Coshocton, OH 43812
Fax: 740 623-5933
The crime index of Coshocton, as reported by a statistic, was . There has been 31 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 362 to 1.
Coshocton, Ohio Police Station Information
Facts about crime in Coshocton, Ohio:
- The overall crime rate in Coshocton is 24% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 9.62 daily crimes that occur in Coshocton.
- Coshocton is safer than 27% of the cities in the United States.
- In Coshocton you have a 1 in 29 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Coshocton has increased by 3%.
The City of Coshocton dissolved its’ Police Department in the early 1980’s. Since that time, the city has contracted with the Coshocton County Sheriff’s Office to provide law enforcement coverage. Having one office handle this service for the entire county provides seamless coverage by utilizing personnel and equipment in the most efficient method.
Coshocton Police Department Address:
Timothy Rogers, Sheriff
328 Chestnut Street
Coshocton, OH 43812
Phone: 740 622-2411
Inmate behavior and discipline is closely regulated and controlled. Certain acts of an inmate or visitor are prohibited. Key among these is the transfer of contraband. Do not give or take anything from an inmate, without the expressed prior approval of the staff. If you have anything you intend or would like to give an inmate, notify the officer immediately. If you are in possession of any contraband please take it out of the facility immediately, then return for your visit. Do not let an inmate talk you into violating the law or rules. The
consequences are very serious. For your purposes contraband includes:
- Chemicals, either commercial, or homemade
- Food or consumable items not supplied by the facility
- Firearm or ammunition
- Knife, pointed, or sharp edged item
- Legal pagers belonging to another inmate
- Matches or fire making material
- Metal cans
- Mind altering substances
- Money or financial instrument
- Prescription or non-prescription medicines or drugs
- Projectile or missile
- Property of another
- Tobacco or tobacco products
- Fire making material such as matches, lighter, or any flammable substance.
Coshocton, Ohio Police Station:
Coshocton, Ohio Jail:
Address 1: 328 Chestnut St
Zip Code: 43812-1196
County: Coshocton County
Phone #: 740-622-2411
Fax #: 740-622-4487
Type: Sheriffs Departments
Population Served: 33000
Number of Officers: 52
Open Records Request in Coshocton, Ohio
The Coshocton County Sheriff’s Office Records Bureau is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm, however submissions or requests for some items are accepted only during certain days and/or times. If you have any questions or need clarification, please call the Records Bureau prior to coming to the Office.
The Records Bureau is responsible for the following:
- Transcribing, filing and maintaining all reports taken by the Sheriff’s Office, including criminal reports, auto accidents, and traffic citations.
- Processing reports and pertinent paperwork for the filing of criminal charges, and for court.
- Processing background check requests by individuals and businesses for such purposes as employment, housing, adoption, foster care and child care purposes. (See WebChecks page for types, fees and hours for processing.)
- Filing traffic accident reports with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Processing data to BCI&I for domestic violence statistics
- Processing individual, attorney and insurance company requests for reports