Search for Police Arrests in Girard City, Ohio. Results may include: Booking Date, Last Name, First Name, Name ID, Date of Birth, Name ID, Mugshot.
Girard, Ohio Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Girard, Ohio has a population of 9,958. The mayor as of 2018 is James J. Melfi. His phone number is 330 545-3879. The city can be found in Trumbull County.
James J. Melfi
100 W Main St SE # 7,
Girard, Ohio 44420
Phone: 330 545-3879
The crime index of Girard, as reported by a 2013 statistic, was 220.4. There has been 8 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 1,184 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Girard, Ohio Police Station Information
Facts about crime in Girard, Ohio:
- The overall crime rate in Girard is 13% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 8.79 daily crimes that occur in Girard.
- Girard is safer than 31% of the cities in the United States.
- In Girard you have a 1 in 32 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Girard has decreased by 1%.
The mission of the Girard Police Department is to deter crime and apprehend criminals, maintain strong police community relations, and to continually enhance the training and expertise of each member of the police force.
The goals of the Girard Police Department are:
- To identify criminal activity, pursue and apprehend criminal offenders, and successfully prosecute known offenders.
- To maintain a proactive patrol and investigation force and thus reduce the opportunity to commit crime.
- To facilitate the safe movement of people and vehicles through analysis and commitment of traffic enforcement resources.
- To perpetuate a sound managerial environment that focuses upon Department Goals and provides for career development through training, advancement, and reward for exemplary performance.
- To instill public confidence in the agency by maintaining a high degree of professionalism, dedication and expertise in the development of police services.
Girard Police Department Address:
John Norman, Chief of Police
100 North Market
Girard, Ohio 44420
Phone: 330 545-0212
Inmate Visitation Rules
- must have a valid picture i.d.
- you must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit time.
- no minor children can visit without a parent/guardian present.
- proper dress is required – no halter-tops, short-shorts, mini skirts or other revealing clothes.
- must be listed on inmate visitation list in order to receive a visit.
- inmates are given ½ hour visit per week.
- only 3 visitors per inmate in visitation room.
- to be put on visitation list you must write letter or inform them when they call to place you on their list.
- if someone visits an inmate at 12:00 and someone comes in at 12:30 to visit, they will not receive another visit. they only receive ½ hour visit per week.
- cell phone use is strictly prohibited while in the visitation room. anyone caught violating this will be restricted from visiting inmates at the trumbull county justice center.
Girard, Ohio Jail:
Address 1: 100 N Market St Ste B
Zip Code: 44420-2559
County: Trumbull County
Phone #: 330-545-0212
Fax #: 330-545-1778
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 12000
Number of Officers: 20