Search for Police Arrests in Sheffield Lake City, Ohio. Results may include: Booking Date, Last Name, First Name, Name ID, Date of Birth, Name ID, Mugshot.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Sheffield Lake, Ohio has a population of 9,137. The mayor as of 2018 is Dennis Bring. His phone number is (440) 949-7141. The city can be found in Lorain County.
609 Harris Rd,
Sheffield Lake, OH 44054
Phone: (440) 949-7141
The crime index of Sheffield Lake, as reported by a 2013 statistic, was 88.4. There has been 10 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 912 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio Police Station Information
A comprehensive overview of any and all yearly reported crimes in Sheffield Lake, OH is shown in the table above. In order to provide more clarity, the total number of crimes is shown as well as the amount of crimes committed per 100,000 people. The crimes indicated in the table are separated into two different categories. These categories are property crimes and violent crimes. According to the table, the overall crime rate is 50% lower than the average of crimes committed in Ohio. It is also 51% lower than the national average. When it comes to violent crimes, Sheffield Lake, OH shows a crime rate that is 74% lower than the Ohio average. The crime rate is also 80% lower than the national average. When it comes to property crimes, Sheffield Lake, OH is shown to be 47% lower than the Ohio average and 46% lower than the national average.
Facts about crime in Sheffield Lake, Ohio:
- The overall crime rate in Sheffield Lake is 51% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 3.72 daily crimes that occur in Sheffield Lake.
- Sheffield Lake is safer than 37% of the cities in the United States.
- In Sheffield Lake you have a 1 in 74 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- number of total year over year crimes in Sheffield Lake has decreased by 52%.
The Sheffield Lake Police Department’s main goal is to protect the citizens of our community against crime and criminals. They strive to be a part of the everyday life of their residents, protecting children, property and their way of life. Their level of community involvement lets them connect to you – the residents of Sheffield Lake – and helps them make a great place to live.
If you see any suspicious persons or activity, please contact the Police Department immediately.
The sooner they can get any information on this type of activity, the sooner they can arrive on scene and resolve any issues.
The Sheffield Lake Police department will be a participating department in the county wide Transaction Safe Zone. This program provides a safe place for persons to show, inspect or purchase items for sale on e-commerce sites such as craigslist.
The following guidelines will be in place for persons wishing to use the Sheffield Lake Police Department parking lot as a safe zone to conduct their transactions.
- The Sheffield Lake Police Department front parking lot only is available for use to you. This parking area is under video surveillance.
- They request that meetings be done only in daylight hours, no appointment is necessary to meet in their parking lot.
- Notifying the on-duty dispatcher that you are meeting in the police department parking lot is not required, however highly suggested for your safety.
- It will not be normal procedure for an officer to be present or stand by during a meeting or transaction however individual requests will be handled on a case by case basis, such as transactions involving a large amount of cash.
- Sale of guns will not be permitted on the police department grounds.
- No other service will be offered as part of this program, such as notary service, money counting or counterfeit detection, no items will be checked through any department computer system or database for stolen, these data bases are for criminal justice purposes only.
- If you have concern that an item you are considering purchasing may be stolen it is suggested you pass on the purchase.
- Loitering in the department parking lot will be strictly prohibited.
Sheffield Lake Police Department Address:
Anthony Campo, Chief of Police
609 Harris Rd,
Sheffield Lake, OH 44054
Emergency: Dial 911
The Corrections Division is the largest division of the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office who’s main purpose is to maintain the safety and security of all persons incarcerated in the Lorain County Jail. The County jail is virtually a small city with in-house medical staff, mental health staff, and infirmary, on site full scale laundry, professional kitchen, library, maintenance and janitorial workers, chaplain and a contract commissary service.
The Corrections Division receives inmates from the police agencies in the county, the Ohio Department of Corrections for parole violations, the Probation Department for probation violations and the Lorain County Common Pleas & Municipal Courts.
The quick and accurate processing of those incarcerated is accomplished with the use of digital imaging and digital fingerprint scanning. This equipment ensures fast and precise identification of persons arrested by electronically transmitting fingerprints to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) in central Ohio. All bookings are computerized. A video arraignment program used for for the Municipal courts reduce the security risks and cost of transporting inmates.
The Lorain County Jail is a full service jail that can house 422 male and female prisoners.
The general duties of a corrections officer include maintaining security within the facility, physically patrolling and visually inspecting the facility and housing areas to ensure safety and security of staff and residents, perform searches of physical premises and cells for contraband, observing residents directly and indirectly being observant for unusual or abnormal activity, and complying with and enforcing security procedures.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio Jail:
Address 1: 609 Harris Rd
City: Sheffield Lake
Zip Code: 44054-1469
County: Lorain County
Phone #: 440-949-7131
Fax #: 440-949-2898
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 11000
Number of Officers: 16