Search for Police Arrests in Thomas City, West Virginia. Results may include: Mugshot, Race, Booked In, Arresting Agency, Bond.
Thomas, West Virginia Jail and Mugshot Information
Thomas is a city in Tucker County, West Virginia. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.51 square miles (11.68 sq. km). The City of Thomas had a population of approximately 586 in the year 2010.
The mayor of Thomas, West Virginia is Matt Quattro. Matt Quattro can be contacted at (304) 463-4360 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matt Quattro, Mayor
City of Thomas
307 Spruce Street
P.O. Box 248
Thomas, WV 26292
Phone: (304) 463-4360
Fax: (304) 463-4697
According to research of West Virginia and other state lists, there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Thomas, West Virginia as of March 11, 2019. The ratio of number of residents in Thomas to the number of sex offenders is 202 to 1.
There were an estimated 2,502 total crimes per 100,000 people in Thomas, West Virginia. This rate is higher than the average in the state of West Virginia which has 2,203 total crimes per 100,000 residents. The crime rate in Thomas is also lower than the national average of 2,745 crimes for every 100,000 individuals.
Further breaking down the types of crimes in Thomas, there were an estimated 399 violent crimes for every 100,000 residents (which include murder, robbery, rape, and assault). The average for violent crimes in the state of West Virginia is 351 per 100,000 citizens and the average nationally is 383 for every 100,000 residents.
In terms of property crimes, (burglary, theft, and vehicle theft), there were an estimated 2,103 property crimes per 100,000 residents, a rate which is higher than both the West Virginia average of 1,852 property crimes for every 100,000 individuals and lower than the U.S. average of 2,362 property crimes per 100,000 citizens.
Facts about crime in Thomas, West Virginia:
- The overall crime rate in Thomas is 9% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 6.86 daily crimes that occur in Thomas.
- Thomas is safer than 30% of the cities in the United States.
- In Thomas you have a 1 in 40 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Thomas has not changed.
Thomas, West Virginia Police Station Information
Thomas Police Department
The City of Thomas does not have a City police department. The Tucker County Sheriff’s office and the West Virginia State Police are empowered to enforce the law in the City of Thomas.
Tucker County Sheriff’s Office
The Tucker County Sheriff’s Office is also responsible for the public safety of the City of Thomas, West Virginia.
Brian Wilfong, Sheriff
Tucker County Sheriff’s Office
215 First Street
Parsons, WV 26287
Phone: (304) 478-2321
Fax: (304) 478-4819
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Tucker County Jail Information
The physical location of the jail is:
Tygart Valley Regional Jail and Correctional Facility (Tucker County)
400 Abbey Road
Belington, WV 26250
Phone: (304) 637-0382
Phone: (304) 637-0264 (Non-Contact Visitation Scheduling)
Fax: (304) 637-0289
Visitations Hours at Tygart Valley Regional Jail and Correctional Facility (Tucker County):
- No Visitation and Call for Tuesday Appointments on Monday
- 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm; 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm; 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm and Call for Tuesday Appointments on Tuesday
- 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm; 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm; 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm and Visitation calls are not accepted on Wednesday
- No Visitation and Call for Saturday Appointments on Thursday
- No Visitation and Call for Sunday Appointments on Friday
- 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm; 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday
Visitations at Tygart Valley Regional Jail and Correctional Facility (Tucker County):
Tucker County Jail (Tygart Valley Regional Jail and Correctional Facility):