Search for Police Arrests in Waynesboro City, Mississippi. Results may include: Booking #: Age: Mugshot, Gender: Race: Arresting Agency: Booking Date: Charges: Bond:
Waynesboro, Mississippi Information
The City of Waynesboro, Mississippi has a population of 5,043. The mayor as of 2018 is Richard Johnson. The city can be found in Wayne County.
City of Waynesboro
714 Wayne St.
Waynesboro, Ms. 39367
The crime index of Waynesboro, as reported by a 2008 statistic, was 245.9. There has been 31 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 160 to 1.
Waynesboro, Mississippi Police Station Information
Facts about crime in Waynesboro, Mississippi:
- The overall crime rate in Waynesboro is 5% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 7.17 daily crimes that occur in Waynesboro.
- Waynesboro is safer than 44% of the cities in the United States.
- In Waynesboro you have a 1 in 39 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Waynesboro has not changed.
The Waynesboro Police Department’s goal is to assist those in need, investigate alleged violations of the law, apprehend criminals, and provide a preventative patrol of Waynesboro’s city limits.
It is the mission of the Waynesboro Police Department to safeguard persons and property through preparedness and vigilance. The Department holds true to a community policing and positive quality of life philosophy. It’s members shall continually strive for excellence in service, training, and professional development. The Waynesboro Police Department, and it’s members values the input our community and we are dedicated and honored to serve the citizens of Waynesboro.
Goals and Objectives
- Respect All Individuals. This is accomplished by respecting all individuals regardless of their status or affiliation with the Department and the community that they serve, and themselves as peace officers. Respect is earned by giving respect. Everyone has a degree of dignity regardless of the circumstances or who they are.
- Provide Professional Service. They must build, maintain, and enhance a reputation of effectiveness and fairness in responding to all requests for service. They have to understand and appreciated human diversity and behavior and apply common sense to meet their goals. Judgments that are morally, ethically, and legally correct will serve as a guide to our employees and ensure that they meet their goals. An
employee cannot maintain professionalism if emotions are allowed to make decisions.
- Seek Excellence. They will continually search for excellence through training, education, and experimentation to provide for the highest quality of service. Employees seek excellence through their techniques designed to motivate and develop their subordinates. A manager does things right, a leader does the right thing. They must continually be examples to each other and the community they serve.
- Continually Seek Improvement. They must be respectfully reverent of their traditions and constantly seeking better ways for accomplishing our mission. They must not be afraid to take risks and make mistakes.
Waynesboro Police Department Address:
Holt Ross, Chief of Police
712 Wayne St,
Waynesboro, MS 39367
Waynesboro, Mississippi Jail:
Address 1: 714 Wayne St
Zip Code: 39367-2717
County: Wayne County
Phone #: 601-735-4612
Fax #: 601-735-6409
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 5500
Number of Officers: 16
County Sheriff, Warrant, Most Wanted Information in Waynesboro, Mississippi
Jody Ashley, Sheriff
613 Court St.
Waynesboro, MS 39367
Emergency Phone: (601)735-2323 or Dial 911
Administration Phone: (601)735-3801
Located in Waynesboro, MS., the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life in Wayne County by working cooperatively with its’ citizens. They strive to provide the highest professional level of law enforcement and corrections services to the public, preserve the peace, enforce the law, reduce the fear of crime, and provide needed services to the community.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office will:
- Provide the most effective law enforcement services within Mississippi.
- Deliver an exemplary service through an agency that is fully integrated internally and responsive to our community externally.
- Ensure reliable, professional, and superior assistance to all our citizens to maintain and better their quality of life.
- Implement strategies to prevent and reduce crime and to improve public safety.