Alpena, Michigan Police Station Information
The table illustrates an overview of the annual crime reported in Alpena, MI. These figures on reported criminal activity in Alpena, MI, based on a reported crime per 100,000 citizens, is shown in order to compare these rates across disparate categories. You will notice that the crimes collected here, for comparison purposes, have been separated between violent crimes and those involving or threatening property. According to the annual crime data, the crime rate in Alpena, MI is 27% higher than the average of the whole of the state of Michigan, and when compared with the national average, is 4% higher than. When looking at violent crimes, Alpena, MI has 6% higher than violent crime rate than Michigan average, while remaining 25% higher than the national average. In property crime, Alpena, MI is 32% higher than the average of Michigan and is 1% higher than the national average.
Facts about crime in Alpena, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Alpena is 4% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 7.81 daily crimes that occur in Alpena.
- Alpena is safer than 43% of the cities in the United States.
- In Alpena you have a 1 in 36 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Alpena has increased by 24%.
The Police Department employs 17 certified officers who provide law enforcement services for the City of Alpena 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Two clerical employees support the officers.
In addition to traditional police services, our department offers a D.A.R.E. program to all in-city public and parochial schools, a school liaison program, and a bicycle patrol.
Alpena Police Department Address:
Joel Jett, Chief of Police
Alpena Public Safety Facility
501 W. Chisholm Street
Alpena, Michigan 49707
- To set up a visit you must call the day of between the hours of 8:00am-11:30am
- Visits are on a first come, first served basis
- Minor children may only visit with a parent/guardian present and with a birth certificate
- All visitors must provide picture ID and nothing other than an ID will be allowed into the visiting area
- If any of these items are brought into the visit, the visit will be terminated (Examples: No purses, drinks, cellphones, backpacks, etc.)
- Appropriate dress is required at all times:
- Skin tight/Form fitting clothes are not allowed.
- All visitors must wear undergarments at all times.
- No see through clothing allowed.
- The visitation schedule may be cancelled or altered for safety/security reasons.
- Staff can deny, change, or cancel a visit at any time at their discretion.
- All visitors must be registered/scheduled. Visitors not registered/scheduled will not be allowed to visit.
Address 1: 501 W Chisholm St
Zip Code: 49707-2424
County: Alpena County
Phone #: 989-356-3371
Fax #: 989-356-9536
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 11500
Number of Officers: 19