Search for Police Arrests in Big Rapids City, Michigan. Results may include: Inmate ID: Gender: Jail Location: Birth Date, Booked: Charges, Bond Amount, Bond Type, Charges, Court, Mugshot.
Big Rapids, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Big Rapids, Michigan has a population of 10,601. The mayor as of 2018 is Tom Hogenson. His phone number is (231)592-4020 and his email address is email@example.com. The city can be found in Mecosta County.
City of Big Rapids
226 North Michigan Avenue
Big Rapids, MI 49307
The crime index of Big Rapids, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 178.7. There has been 59 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 178 to 1.
Big Rapids, Michigan Police Station Information
A general overview of all the annual reported crimes in Big Rapids, MI is displayed. The data has been arranged to make it easier to find both the gross total of reported crimes and the number of crimes reported per 100,000 people in Big Rapids, MI. These statistics are further divided into two distinct categories (violent crimes and property crimes) to provide more insight to how prevalent crime is in the area. You’ll find that the rate of crime in Big Rapids, MI averages 29% lower than the rest of Michigan while the rate of crime on a national scale is 42% lower than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Big Rapids, MI is 49% lower than the average rate of crime in Michigan and 40% lower than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 24% lower than the remainder of the state of Michigan and 42% lower than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Big Rapids, MI area.
Facts about crime in Big Rapids, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Big Rapids is 42% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 4.38 daily crimes that occur in Big Rapids.
- Big Rapids is safer than 46% of the cities in the United States.
- In Big Rapids you have a 1 in 63 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Big Rapids has decreased by 12%.
The Big Rapids Department of Public Safety Police Division continues to take a community approach to policing the City of Big Rapids. The police division consists of 18 uniformed officers who work 12 hour patrol shifts. There is one detective and three service officers that complement the 22 member staff. The Police Division is responsible for the following:
- 24 hour police service
- First responders to calls for service within the City of Big Rapids
- Investigation of crimes
- Community oriented policing
- Long term problem solving
- Liaison to the Big Rapids Housing Commission
- Liaison to the City of Big Rapids Area Schools
- Specialty positions available include: bicycle patrols, mounted patrol, dive team and narcotics drug team
Big Rapids Police Department Address:
James Eddinger, Director of Public Safety
435 North Michigan Avenue
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Address 1: 435 N Michigan Ave
City: Big Rapids
Zip Code: 49307-1417
County: Mecosta County
Phone #: 231-527-0005
Fax #: 231-592-5570
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 18000
Number of Officers: 15