Marshall, Michigan Jail and Mugshot Information
The City of Marshall, Michigan has a population of 7,088. The mayor as of 2018 is Jack Reed. His email address is JReed@cityofmarshall.com. The city can be found in Calhoun County.
323 W. Michigan Ave.
Marshall, MI 49068
The crime index of Marshall, as reported by a 2016 statistic, was 147.2. There has been 34 registered sex offenders living in the city, with the residents-sex offender ratio at 208 to 1.
Marshall, Michigan Police Station Information
A general overview of all the annual reported crimes in Marshall, MI is displayed. The data has been arranged to make it easier to find both the gross total of reported crimes and the number of crimes reported per 100,000 people in Marshall, MI. These statistics are further divided into two distinct categories (violent crimes and property crimes) to provide more insight to how prevalent crime is in the area. You’ll find that the rate of crime in Marshall, MI averages 12% lower than the rest of Michigan while the rate of crime on a national scale is 28% lower than. You’ll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Marshall, MI is 37% lower than the average rate of crime in Michigan and 26% lower than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 6% lower than the remainder of the state of Michigan and 28% lower than the nation’s average. Both of these statistics relate to how safe residents and businesses are while performing everyday activities in the Marshall, MI area.
Facts about crime in Marshall, Michigan:
- The overall crime rate in Marshall is 28% lower than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 5.42 daily crimes that occur in Marshall.
- Marshall is safer than 61% of the cities in the United States.
- In Marshall you have a 1 in 51 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in Marshall has increased by 1%.
The Marshall Police Department, in cooperation with its community, is to provide professional service and to protect life and property for all citizens.
The Marshall Police Department is responsible for the protection, safety, and well-being of all citizens and visitors within the City of Marshall. The department consists of the Director of Public Safety, the Deputy Chief of Police, Lieutenant, (3) Sergeants (9) Sworn Police Officers, (1) Civilian Staff Members, and (3) School Crossing Guards.
The Marshall Police Department responded to approximately 7000 calls for service this past year. These calls consisted of anything from a noise complaint to a robbery complaint. This number does not include traffic stops, which are a daily operation of the patrol officer. Our community is one that communicates well with its Police Department and expresses its needs and concerns openly. The Marshall Police Department has a close working relationship with its citizens and as a result, has developed a collaborative to solve crimes and/or problems.
Striving to provide excellent service with emphasis on professionalism and respect, the Marshall Police Department is continually working to be efficient while simultaneously maintaining effectiveness. The Department is responsive to the needs and trends of today’s society.
Marshall Police Department Address:
James Schwartz, Director of Public Safety
Marshall Regional Law Enforcement Center
714 Old US 27 North
Marshall, MI 49068
The Calhoun County Correctional Facility is located in the City of Battle Creek and was opened in 1994. It is a Direct Supervision facility, meaning that corrections officers work in the living areas of the inmates/detainees. The jail is rated for 630 inmates/detainees and employs a staff of approximately 120. The local population averages 275-325 inmates/detainees and, in order to offset costs and raise revenue for the County, rents out remaining beds to other cities, counties, and the federal government.
The Corrections Division is further responsible for Court and Justice Center Security, as well as the transportation of inmates/detainees to and from Courts and other correctional facilities.
Marshall, Michigan Jail:
Address 1: 323 W Michigan Ave
Zip Code: 49068-1547
County: Calhoun County
Phone #: 269-781-2596
Fax #: 269-781-6414
Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 8000
Number of Officers: 15
Police Records Request in Marshall, Michigan
An ACT to provide for public access to certain public records of public bodies; to permit certain fees; to prescribe the powers and duties of certain public officers and public bodies; to provide remedies and penalties; and to repeal certain acts and parts of acts. For further information regarding this Freedom of Information Act, please click on or cut and paste the link below:
How to Get a Copy of a Police Report?
- If you wish to receive a copy of a police report, you must fill out the accompanying Freedom of Information Form, sign it, and turn it into the Marshall police Department.
- Once you have completed the form, you may scan it and email it to the Marshall Police Department. Please email it to: SCavanaugh@cityofmarshall.com
- If you prefer, you can mail it via USPS to the Marshall Police Department at 323 W. Michigan Avenue, Marshall, Michigan, 49068. Too, you may bring the form to us in person.
- Once they receive the FOIA, provided the report is completed, they will, within five (5) working days* of the receipt of the FOIA, provide you with the copy of the report at no charge.
- However, if the copy of the report/incident is an open case, your VOIA will be denied pending closure of the case. Also, as the specifics in the link above will point out, all information pertaining to victims and juveniles will be redacted before you receive the report.
How to Get a Copy of an Accident Report?
- If you have been involved in a personal injury or property damage accident with a vehicle, go to www.docview.us.com to obtain a copy of your Accident Report.
Should you have any questions or concerns about this, please feel free to call 269-781-2596, prompt zero.